Saturday, 10 December 2011 17:52
Do you have skill for writing? Do you have knowledge on a particular topic of interest to the community or a unique perspective on news and events happening in Costa Rica? Time to get involved, share your knowledge and perspectives.
Steps to submit content.
- Contact Us and provide us with your username you used to register on this website so we can give your username/login permissions to add/edit articles. (To contact us either use the Contact Us menu item above or call us at 8888-7500)
- Login: Once we grant your login ID permission to Add, Edit and Publish information, login to the website to proceed.
- Add Your Article: Find the menu item on the left that says Add/Edit News or Articles and click it. (It will only work after we have granted you Authoring permissions.)
- Here you can also edit and add new articles.
- You will then see a list of all articles you may have previously submitted as well as a search filter to help find and sort your previously submitted articles.
- Add Article: Simply click the button that says "Add Article".
- You will be shown an online form with various fields for submitting your content.
- Type in a title for your article.
- Copy and paste your pre-written content into the main content area of the form. (It is a good idea to have already written your content and spell checked it before submitting on the content submission form)
- If you copy and paste, make sure to remove all special formmating. Only submit plain text. Large or special fonts risk messing up the formmating of the webpage.
- IMPORTANT: Towards the bottom, make sure to choose both a SECTION and CATEGORY. If you do not chose such, your submission will not be displayed in the correct location or displayed at all. Check of the appear on homepage option also.
- When done, save your article and return to the main web page to see if it is listed properly and visible. If you do not see it, you likely forgot to set the Section and Category. If this is the case, you edit your article and resubmit it.
- At anytime you can return to edit your Article using the same link; Add/Edit News or Articles
- If you encounter any problems using our content management system or your article does not appear correctly on the main website, please contact us.
- Suggestions to make the overall process easier to use are welcome as well.